Are you going on a trip to another country or a number of states? Or are you planning for a world tour? Because wherever you go, you definitely need travel insurance for a safe trip. There are various risks when you’re travelling far away from your home or city, especially when going abroad. Nationwide Travel Insurance is a helpful and good choice in this case. It offers a whole library of travel policies suitable for different settings and requirements whether you’re going for a business trip, a family trip or along with your partner.
In this blog, discover everything about the Nationwide travel insurance policy, who is it for and how to claim it.
What is a travel insurance?
Travel insurance is a type of insurance that provides financial compensation for many emergencies you may face during your trip. With a travel plan, you can protect your trip from unforeseen costs resulting from medical, legal, and reservation-related issues. Primary benefits of travel plans cover emergency medical expenses, personal accident passport theft, and medical evacuation & repatriation. Travel insurance also covers other events such as trip cancellations, delays, lost luggage, flight cancellations, and other losses that a traveler can incur while travelling.
You can easily buy online travel insurance like Nationwide travel insurance, thanks to readily available travel plans for different countries and travellers. You can purchase extra coverages, sometimes known as add-ons, for more specialized insurance if you want better coverage. Pre-existing conditions and adventure sports are two examples of add-ons that are very popular. There are different travel plans according to the requirements like for business travel, family vacations, or educational trips.
Why should you get a travel insurance?
Travel insurance is a must-have for any trip, whether it’s a domestic or international one.The following are some justifications for thinking about obtaining travel insurance:
Protection against trip cancellations
Travel insurance can provide reimbursement for prepaid, nonrefundable trip costs when you must cancel for a covered reason such as illness, injury, or death of family members.
Coverage for medical emergencies
Travel insurance can cover medical expenses incurred due to accidents, illnesses, and injuries that occur while travelling. It can also provide coverage for emergency medical evacuation, which can be very expensive.
Protection against lost or stolen luggage
Travel insurance can provide coverage for expenses incurred due to lost or stolen luggage.
Coverage for trip delays and interruptions
Travel insurance can provide coverage for expenses incurred due to trip delays or interruptions.
Peace of mind
Travel insurance can provide peace of mind knowing that you are protected against unexpected events that can occur while traveling.
Nationwide travel insurance policy
Nationwide offers three different travel insurance plans to choose from, each with varying levels of coverage and protection. Here is a brief overview of each Nationwide travel insurance plan:
These plans are designed for travellers who are taking a cruise. They provide coverage for a single trip and also protect you from certain events that happen when travelling by ship, such as itinerary changes, mechanical breakdowns, or other events that suspend ship services.
These plans are ideal for travellers who are taking a one-time trip. They provide coverage for a single trip and include protection for accidents, illnesses, injuries, cancelled flights, lost luggage and more.
These plans are designed for frequent travellers who take multiple trips throughout the year. They provide coverage for multiple trips and include protection for accidents, illnesses, injuries, cancelled flights, lost luggage and more.
FlexPlus travel insurance
Nationwide FlexPlus travel insurance is a current account that comes with worldwide family travel insurance from U K Insurance Limited. The travel insurance covers winter sports, business, weddings, and more. Through an online interface or over the phone, you can purchase upgrades, submit and track claims, and obtain confirmation of your coverage. From 1 May 2024, the insurer will be Aviva.
FlexPlus Travel Insurance changing to Aviva Insurance Limited
The major changes involved are:
- You will now get standard coverage if you are 70 years of age or older. You won’t have to make separate plans for an upgrade to an age extension.
- Dependents no longer fit the same definition.
- From under 24 who are enrolled full-time in school to under 23 who are not enrolled full-time.
3.Certain cover types won’t be offered anymore.
- Air miles, business trips, and weddings are not covered.
4.The scope and duration of the upgrades will vary. Upgrades you have with U.K.
- Insurance Limited won’t renew automatically with Aviva. After the transfer, you will need to get in touch with Aviva and finish their medical screening if you require coverage for pre-existing medical issues.
5.The timing of your claim will determine how you submit it.
- They will continue to handle your claims if you currently have one with U K Insurance Limited for incidents that occurred before to May 1, 2024. Even if you switch to the new Aviva travel insurance coverage on May 1, 2024, this remains the case.
What does Nationwide travel insurance cover?
Nationwide travel insurance plans offer coverage for a variety of events that can occur while travelling. Here is a summary of what is covered by their plans:
- Accidents, illnesses, and injuries: Coverage for medical expenses incurred due to accidents, illnesses, and injuries that occur while travelling.
- Cancelled flights: Coverage for expenses incurred due to flight cancellations or delays.
- Lost luggage: Coverage for expenses incurred due to lost or stolen luggage, and documents.
- Itinerary changes: Coverage for expenses incurred due to itinerary changes or cancellations.
- Mechanical breakdown: Coverage for expenses incurred due to mechanical breakdowns or other events that suspend ship services.
- Weather: Coverage for expenses incurred due to weather-related events.
- Emergency medical evacuation: Coverage for expenses incurred due to emergency medical evacuation.
- 24-hour accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D): Coverage for expenses incurred due to accidental death or dismemberment.
- Pre-existing conditions exclusion and waiver: Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions like a pandemic.
Nationwide travel insurance eligibility
You must travel for only about 30 days and at least 100 miles from your home in order to qualify for Nationwide’s annual travel insurance. All current FlexPlus account holders, as well as their spouses and dependant kids, provided that they are under 70 years old. You will need to purchase an age upgrade if you are 70 years of age or older. Whether you travel in a group or on your own, you are protected.
The person the account holder resides with at their home address is your partner. Regardless of gender, you ought to be in a relationship, whether you’re married or cohabitating. Any kid of the account holder, whether legally adopted, fostered or stepchild, is considered a dependent child. They have to be all of the following in order to be covered:
- under the age of 18 on the start date of the trip, or under 24 if enrolled full-time in school, living with the account holder or their other parent, and not married or in civil partnership.
Nationwide travel insurance exclusions
- Coverage for anyone over 70, unless you update your age.
- Coverage for stays longer than thirty-one days, unless you upgrade your trip extension.
- Coverage for illnesses not disclosed to and approved by the insurance company.
- Travels that do not begin and conclude in the United Kingdom.
- Protection for travel to the UK for stays shorter than two nights.
- Coverage for travel to the UK that does not involve stays at commercially operated lodging that has been reserved in advance, like hotels.
More details about Nationwide
Nationwide has been providing insurance services for over 90 years. The company was founded in 1926 as Farm Bureau Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and expanded its business into other states, including West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Vermont, and North Carolina. In 1933, the company expanded beyond automobile insurance with the establishment of the Farm Bureau Mutual Fire Insurance Company. In 1955, the company changed its name to Nationwide with the aspiration of eventually selling products from coast to coast.
Nationwide offers a variety of travel insurance policies to suit different travel needs, including single-trip plans, multi-trip plans, and FlexPlus travel insurance. To get started with a quote, you can browse Nationwide’s trip insurance policies, which include single-trip, annual (multi-trip) and even cruise plans.
Nationwide travel insurance reviews
Forbes Advisor has rated Nationwide’s Cruise Luxury plan as the highest-rated plan, with great missed connection benefits and non-medical evacuation coverage. The Cruise Luxury plan offers $1 million in medical evacuation coverage, $150,000 in accident coverage, and $150,000 for sickness medical expenses. The policies are helpful in managing various risks while travelling worldwide.
Nationwide travel insurance claim
You must provide the details of your claim, together with the cost and travel details, to initiate a claim. The policy paper might help you identify the type of assistance you require. This is important to handle your claim in a timely and efficient manner.
Nationwide travel insurance contact
You can contact Nationwide travel insurance by calling 0800 051 0154. The lines are open from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm Saturday and 9 am to 4 pm Sundays.
- If you are injured or ill while you are away, you can call their Emergency Assistance Service at 0141 349 0288 or +44 141 349 0288 from abroad. The lines are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
- For non-emergency claims, you can call 0800 051 0154. The lines are open from 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday, 9 am to 2 pm Saturday, and closed on Sunday.
- If you have any issues relating to the purchase or administration of your insurance or a claim you have made, you can contact their Customer Relations Manager at Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley, BR1 1DP.
We would certainly not recommend anyone to make travelling plans without taking a travel insurance policy as your safety is of utmost importance. Nationwide is aware of what visitors require, which occasionally involves help. They have a 24-hour helpline as a result. Their assistance service can aid you with pre-and post-departure issues such as finding out exchange rates, getting information on your passport, and finding lost luggage. Getting Nationwide travel insurance is the best way to be at peace while travelling to any corner of the world.
Check out Heybucketlist for more information on travelling around the world.